I've had lots of experience in the foster care field throughout my life. I've been dealing with foster care since I was 11. My family has gotten over a dozen placements; temporary, respite and adoptive cases. We have gotten children ranging from ages 0 to 12, all different races, all different personalities. Currently my family has 3 foster care, ages 0, 1 and 2: one adopted, two still in the system until we will hopefully be able to adopt them soon.
My family is certified in foster care through GA Family Services ( http://www.gafamilyservices.net/foster-care-program.html ). We have gotten to know all the workers there and experience so much over the past several years. Watching so many awesome experiences happening now makes me so excited to look deeper into foster care in my future.
Your blog is very inspiring and i think many people and families should consider foster care for the wonderful and heartwarming experience.
ReplyDeleteHow many children do you foster?
ReplyDeleteI think it's very interesting that you can bring so much first hand experience to your blog and it's extremely commendably that your family does so much good.
ReplyDeleteThis is very interesting. Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless your family. You have been to giving to others in the most important ways. Some people write a check and think that made a difference with their financial donation and that is ok. But really, those unfortunate children who need fostering, need a lot more than money. They need time with loving people who give up their free time and extra "stuff" to show they love one another.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is that giving of one's self like your family does actually gives you back so much in the end. That is the funny thing about service that many people don't understand. The more love and self you give to others, the more you get back. Lives service are truly the happiest (and I believe will stay that way for eternity). I think of all the people with fancy stuff that never get happy or feel fulfilled and end of dying at some old age with a house full of stuff and back account full of money. I'll bet they have regrets. Compare that to someone who lives their life looking for the best way to match their gifts with the needs of others and wow, that person will probably have many fewer regrets at the end of their earthly life.
Wow you have a very interesting life experience that I'm sure will have a great impact on your future.
ReplyDelete